The Lazy Monsters
The Meaning Of Gavin & Jaime
This is the first time I got tag, thanks to
Judy, hee...
I have to write 2 names here cos' my boy will be reading my blog (he is one of my loyal reader hehe...) so cannot show favouritism.
The name "Gavin" was given by Alan. He happen to chance upon this name and found it quite nice. When he told me and I did some research and found that the meaning of "Gavin" is "White Hawk", which seriously I don't know what does that mean. But I also read somewhere that the name "Gavin" was a late medieval of the name "Gawain" and Gawain was King Arthur's nephew and also the Knight of the Round Table and I like it hehe.... His chinese name "伟康" was given by me. I named him "康" because I wanted him to be healthy all the way and for the "伟", I think I just added it there to make the name sound nice.
As for Jaime, both her English and Chinese name was given by me (of course with the consent of Alan). The name "Jaime" was decided long ago during my first pregnancy and if the baby was a girl, her name will be "Jaime". Alan is a teochew and I also feel that the pronunciation of "Jaime" is very suitable for a teochew hee... At that time, the spelling was deem to be "Jamie" but later when I was pregnant with Jaime, I did some research and found out that the spelling "Jaime" was kind of "traditional" compare to "Jamie", so we decided to use "Jaime". Jaime's chinese name is "美怡". "美" was also decided long ago by Alan as he prefer to have the character "美" for a girl; and for "怡", I choose this because the meaning is harmony & joy.
On top of what was written, there are some guidelines when I choose name for my kids and they are: 1) (especially for chinese name) it is easy to translate to dialect name; 2) not easily being make fun off; and 3) for english name, grandparent/old folks can pronounce properly.
Ok, I'm done and now I'm passing this to:
Little AbbyOur Prince - Baby JaydenMy Little PrinceA Little Drop of HeavenThe Interesting Life of Mummy with 3**Start Copy**
Proposition: What is the meaning of your kid's name
Requirements: write about what or how or why you giving the name to your kids.
Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.
Tag Mode:
1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.
2nd - Let the blogger you want to tag know they been tagged by comment in their blog or etc.
Xilly - The Meaning Of Yi Yi And Tung TungMummy In Vain - The Meaning Of Zi Wei And Zhen NamImmomsdaughter - The Meaning of Ryan and NicoleKelly - The Meaning of QianyiWokkingMum - The Meaning Of Warren and TrenyceWenzel's Little Notes - The Meaning Of WenzelMy Lazy Lifestyle - The Meaning Of MalcolmThe Lazy Monster - The Meaning Of Gavin & Jaime
Posted by bb2005 ::
2:42 PM ::
10 Comments:
Post / Read Comments